To approve a new program to issue interest-bearing nonconvertible bearer exchange bonds (the “Program”) and the legally required documentation for the Program, including the Program terms & conditions and the prospectus (together the “Documentation”).
The Program remains subject to the registration of the Documentation by the Moscow Exchange (“MOEX”). The Documentation will be filed with MOEX for registration in due course. The Company will make the final decision on the timing and terms for the placement of bonds under the Program at a later stage following the registration of the Documentation by the MOEX and subject to market conditions. The Board approved the following key terms for the Program:
(1) Total maximum principal amount The total maximum principal amount of the Program will be RUB 100 billion.
(2) Maturity date Each bond issued under the Program will mature on the date no later than the 10,920th day (the “Maturity date”) following the date when the placement of the respective bond commences (the “Placement date”).
(3) Coupons The coupon rate and type for bonds issued under the Program shall be determined either by an auction to be held on the relevant Placement date or by book building exercise to be held prior to the relevant Placement date. The coupon rate of bonds issued under the Program will be subject to further determination in accordance with the Documentation (for coupons, which are not determined at the relevant Placement date). Pursuant to the decision of the Company’s Board of Directors, the coupon rate shall not exceed 12% p.a.
(4) Repayment schedule The principal amount of each of the series of bonds comprising the Program shall be repaid either in a single payment on the relevant Maturity date, or as set out in the amortization schedule for the relevant series of bonds determined by the Company prior to the relevant Placement date in accordance with the Documentation.
(5) Early repayment The Program provides for early repayment of bonds in certain cases at the Company’s discretion or subject to holders’ request (depending on the applicable legislation requirements and the provisions set out in the Documentation).
The Company will make further announcement(s) to notify the public on the development of the Program as and when appropriate or as required under the Listing Rules and/or applicable national laws and regulations.
To add the item on approval of the 2017 Annual Accounting (Financial) Statements of the Company into the agenda of the Annual General Shareholders Meeting of the Company (“AGM”).
To add the item on distribution of profit and losses, including the payment (declaration) of the dividends, based on 2017 FY results into the AGM agenda.
To recommend to the AGM not to distribute the Company’s Net Profit earned in 2017 Financial year, and, accordingly, not to declare and pay dividends.
To include the following candidates into the voting list to elect the Company’s Management Board at the Annual General Shareholders Meeting of the Company:
To add the item on approval of the Company’s Auditor into the AGM agenda.
The formal AGM notice indicating the date, time and venue of the AGM, together with the relevant AGM materials and voting ballots, will be distributed by the Company prior to or on 8 June 2018.
For More Information:
|Investors: Dmitry Kononov
Director for Investor Relations and M&A
|Tel: +7 926 200 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Media: Yulia Dorokhina
Head of Media Relations
|Tel: +7 926 200 email@example.com|
Notes to Editors
MegaFon PJSC is a leading Russian integrated telecommunication service provider, operating in all segments of the telecommunications markets in Russia, and in the Republics of Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Tajikistan. MegaFon is a recognized market leader in the provision of mobile data services, was the first operator in Russia to launch commercial operation of a third generation (3G) network and was the first operator in the world to launch commercial operation of an LTE-Advanced (4G) data network. MegaFon is traded on the Moscow Exchange and the London Stock Exchange under the symbol MFON. Additional information about MegaFon and the products and services provided by MegaFon can be found at: http://www.megafon.ru.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Some of the information in this document may contain or refer to projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or the future financial performance of the Company. You can identify forward looking statements by terms such as “expect”, “believe”, “anticipate”, “estimate”, “forecast”, “intend”, “will”, “could”, “may”, or “might” the negative of such terms or other similar expressions. The Company wishes to caution you that these statements are only predictions, and are based upon various assumptions which are inherently subject to significant uncertainties and contingencies which are difficult or impossible to predict and are beyond our control. We may not achieve or accomplish these plans or predictions. The Company does not necessarily intend to update these statements to reflect events and circumstances occurring after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Many factors could cause the actual results to differ materially from those contained in projections or forward-looking statements of the Company, including, among others, general economic conditions, the competitive environment, risks associated with operating in Russia, rapid technological and market change in the industries in which the Company operates, as well as many other risks specifically related to the Company and its business and operations.
Statement Regarding Inside Information
Some of the information in this document may be inside information. The subject matter, the identity of the issuer, the identity of the persons making the notification and their titles, and the date and time of the notification are all as set forth above.